Windows Vista Forums

Urgent; Keyboared and mouse touch pad disabled for registry problem

18th February 2012, 02:35 PM
Urgent .. Urgent .. Urgent .. please help.

Hi
I have a Vista SP1 on my VAIO VGN-FW390
I have encountered a problem recently which stopped my works.

I had VMware workstation 8 on my Vista, It had a small problem with one of my machines and therefor I uninstalled 8 version and I tried to reinstall 7 version again.
but it gave me an error "a previous version is installed on this machine" .
I tried solutions of vmware forums but they were not work.
I tried to resolve the error by deleting every vmware related file on my vista. but nothing changed.
after those I guessed the problem may be from the registry keys of vmware and therefor I searched in the registry editor and deleted every vmware related keys!!!

and unfortunately now, neither my keyboard works nor mouse touch pad.
unfortunately my restore points become deleted automatically(I dont know why) and I don't have any restore point to go back.
and the Recent good configuration in boot menu of Vista doesn't changed anything.
their driver are update

I uninstalled the hardwares and installed them again and again nothing changed.

the error in the device manager:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I have to work on my project from Monday.
Urgent!! please help me.

Is there any software to repair registry with this problem?
what I have to do?

thanks so much.
Attached Thumbnails
Urgent; Keyboared and mouse touch pad disabled for registry problem-capt.jpg  

Last edited by Kaykha; 18th February 2012 at 02:41 PM..

Super Moderator

19th February 2012, 05:26 PM
I never cease to be amazed by the number of folks who have a critical event coming up in a few days and think NOW is a good time to mess around with a working PC -- and, like you, they always do it (1) without a working backup, and (2) no way to restore their PC to a working state.

If you have a bootable Vista DVD, or a Vista Repair CD, what might work is booting from it, choosing command mode, and then enter "sfc /scannow".

That will search for missing/damaged system files and will attempt to repair them.

If you don't have such a CD/DVD, and you have access to a working PC with a CD burner, then you can go to the site linked below, download and burn a Vista Repair CD -- and use that: (but it will COST you)

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/window...-repair-discs/