Windows Vista Forums

Turn an internal hard drive into an external hard drive

4th July 2009, 04:58 PM
Ok. Now I really need help. I replaced my PS3 HDD and changed the 40 GB one to a 500 GB! Now my PS3 is awesome! (But that doesn't really matter...) I didn't want do waste the 40 GB HDD so I bought a case to make that internal hard drive into an external hard drive. I put the 40 GB HDD in the case and plug the power supply and then plug the eSata cables (my laptop has an eSata interface). It installs the drivers but I still can't see the HDD on My Computer. Under device management it is shown but not on My Computer. I think there's something wrong with the drivers so that why I posted this here

HDD: Fujitsu - 40 GB - 2,5"

Case: ICY BOX 2,5" SATA - USB2.0/ESATA (IB-266STUS)

Laptop: Toshiba Qosmio F50-11X running Windows Vista

Thanks in advance!

PS: I know my English isn't the best, but I'm from Portugal...

Super Moderator

6th July 2009, 08:26 AM
Sorry, but my main PC also has eSATA, and I've NEVER been able to get it to work via Vista. Tried everything including different drivers and different BIOS settings -- and nothing works.

Unless you can find current drivers that DO work, I think you're simply out of luck.