WIDCOMM Bluetooth Drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by bg8ball2, Sep 16, 2006.

1. bg8ball2

bg8ball2

Hello,

I didn't see any posts here on Bluetooth so here is my problem/resolution...

I have a Zonet Bluetooth V 2.0dongle Supported with Broadcom WIDCOMM Drivers. My original install CD of course did not work with Vista.

I had it removed during my install of Vista RC1 and after getting up and running inserted it and Vista would recognize it as a USB Device but didn't have drivers for it.

When I would reboot my PC and load Vista it would lock up after the loading screen with the green bar... (XP still loaded fine)

There was even a time where if i inserted it while fulled booted in Vista it would lock my PC up solid and I would have to remove it and cold boot my PC.

To make a very, very long story short...after about 10 different versions of drivers,I finally found one that works...I don't remember where I found it but here is the filename...

Widcomm.32Bit.v5.0.1.2500.Incl.Lic.Patch.rar

I still have the file so if someone needs it send me an email or PM...

The site that I found it on also had the 64bit version...(don't have that one)

I also, after getting the drivers installed had problems with the license.dat file that WIDCOMM uses but that is what the patch is for ;) I now have approx. 2,000,000 days left in my evaluation copy of this software.

This was very frustrating, and took a few nights/mornings to fix so if anyone else is having problems let me know and maybe I can help...

Good luck!!!

bg8ball2, Sep 16, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. bg8ball2

siddharth_jayaraman

Hi I am looking for WIDCOMM driver for my Bluethooth device as the driver which came with the product doesn't work with Windows Vista RC1 eighter. Youmentioned you have the file. Could you be kind enough to shareit. My email is siddharth_jayaraman@yahoo.com. You might upload it to rapidshare and post the link. I as well as many other needed could download it from there.

siddharth_jayaraman, Sep 20, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. bg8ball2

romerojc

Same problem here. I'd really appreciate your sending me the drivers to: romero.jc@gmail.com. Thanks.

romerojc, Sep 20, 2006
  4. bg8ball2

h3l0

h3l0, Sep 25, 2006
  5. bg8ball2

Mychu

Hello, please send me this software and drivers too. My email mychu@tlen.plThanks

Mychu, Sep 26, 2006
  6. bg8ball2

bg8ball2

Hello All,

As requested i finally got these drivers up on RapidShare...

The link is here...

i hope this works for everyone...no gurrentees tho...

Again this is only the 32bit version if you need the 64bit then please refferance the filename listed in my first post and "Google it" I had to dig for a while because it was on RapidShare as well and there isn't a direct link anywhere I just found it in another forum.

Good Luck!!!

bg8ball2, Sep 27, 2006
  7. bg8ball2

siddharth_jayaraman

Thanks a lot:w00t:

siddharth_jayaraman, Oct 1, 2006
  8. bg8ball2

jdcollns

could you sharedriver?

jdcollns, Oct 2, 2006
  9. bg8ball2

jdcollns

jdcollns, Oct 2, 2006
  10. bg8ball2

jstoman

I finally have the Widcomm 5.0.1.2500 x64 fully functional on Vista RC1 AMD x64 with Logitech CSR Bluetooth Hub used by DiNovo and MX-900 set. Had to jump thru hoops to get it to work!!!

Here are some things I learned:

- start Vista RC1 via F8 key and selecting "Disabled Driver Signature Enforcement" option

- make sure u have a lhid2hci.exe tool

- run Widcomm setup as an admin

- do not have your dongle connected until after install restart

- after restart, run lhid2hci tool before using Widcomm

- when Widcomm installs double check that u have both the enumerator and wireless hub under "Bluetooth Devices" in your Device Manager

- if you only have the hub, it won't work

- if enumerator and hub are properly installed, Widcomm will also install a slew of other devices: Com ports, modems, HID drivers for kbd and mouse, icons, tools, etc. etc. etc.

- each Vista Boot or wake-up requires lhid2hci.exe tool to run. So I added the tool to the start-up to take care of boots. On wake-ups, I run it manually via desktop shortcut. It would make sense to just add it to Sched Tasks and conditional on power events

Personal Note: my own install had to be done by hand since I messed up my oem.inf files. If u get into the same situation after trial and error attempts, use DPInst.exe tool to install btkrnl.inf (the enumerator) and btwusb.inf (the hub) etc. manually

Hope this will help someone and save lots of time and frustration!!!

JS

jstoman, Oct 14, 2006
  11. bg8ball2

jaiminrajani

jaiminrajani, Mar 30, 2007
  12. bg8ball2

earthmarble

I'm right where you were. I installed the widcomm drivers and if I boot with the USB device inserted, the system hangs hard. If I insert the device after booting, the system hangs hard.

The widcomm drivers and software do not have an uninstall and do not allow a roll-back. How do I remove them? Do a checkpoint restore?

earthmarble, Apr 26, 2007
  13. bg8ball2

earthmarble

OK...I tried restoring from 5 checkpoints prior to the install of the WIDCOMM bluetooth drivers and they all failed due to an "unspecified error"....and left me where I started.

I may have to go back to the DVD I made when I bought the laptop to get these drivers off cleanly...and I'd really like to not have to do that.

Off to Google to find out if they can be removed manually......because until they have been removed, I can't insert the bluetooth dongle without locking the system hard instantly.

earthmarble, Apr 26, 2007
  14. bg8ball2

dfryfy

hello there.

i read your posting and i face the same problem too.

can u pls email me the patch to my email,

dfryfy@gmail.com

thank you very much.

dfryfy, Jul 9, 2007
  15. bg8ball2

nufcbabe

Hi :)

i was wondering if any1 can help me, ive got a mikomi v2 bluetooth adapter. i installed the drivers but its crashed the system and kept restarting the laptop. cos its not compatable wiv vista, does any1 kno how i can get around this or find a driver thts compatable wiv vista 4 the device.

nufcbabe, Sep 16, 2007
  16. bg8ball2

sudharsan

hiii i'm looking for driver for my trust bluetooth usb dongle.

can u help me.

thanks

sudharsan, Mar 2, 2008
  17. bg8ball2

WAW8

WAW8, Mar 7, 2008
  18. bg8ball2

WAW8

nufcbabe:

Did you keep the packaging? The drivers are on a small disk -- hard to find, but they're in there.

I read that it uses Bluesoleil Software. Google on that and see what you can find.

WAW8, Mar 7, 2008
  19. bg8ball2

Sez

I downloaded all the drivers and doesnt work for me still. My problem is that the Windows Defender blocks it in the middle of the instalation. Any help will be appreciated. Mine is a WIDCOMM Bluetooth too and I have Windows Vista with SP1.

Sez, Apr 2, 2008
  20. bg8ball2

WAW8

OK, so turn off or disable Windows Defender!

WAW8, Apr 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements