LAN stopped working but works on xp laptop

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by robbisisurfriend, Jul 25, 2007.

1. robbisisurfriend

robbisisurfriend

I am running a netgear router with my desktop connected through ethernet cable and wireless for my laptop. All was working great for both until my vista computer got the whole limited connection problem and will only run as public and not private. It was working fine for weeks with no issues then all of a sudden woudnt work when i started it back up. The line works fine over wireless and when i connect the laptop with XP SP2 to the ethernet cable it works great. I got all of the ip information from the line on the laptop and manually put it into the desktop and still nothing. I have read several documents about similar problems and tried all of the "FIXES". nothing helped. Ethernet controller is onboard nvidia nforce 3 and using vista driver for it (automatically used the driver.) Any help would be great because im about to just reformat the computer or buy another network card im getting so frustrated with it. Thanks in advance and let me know if you need anymore information.

robbisisurfriend, Jul 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. kingofnexus

kingofnexus

Have you tried roll back driver in device manager? I remember in the vista beta 2, my network was ruuning fine then windows auto installed an update for my marvell yukon ethenet driver. I got limited connectivity after about 5 minsor straight awayafter that. Rolling back the driver fixed it, then later downloading a new driver straight from manufacturer website.

kingofnexus, Jul 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements