drives wont instal!!!!

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by smiah789, Jan 13, 2009.

1. smiah789

smiah789

i reinstalled windows vista because my keboard and mouse werent working with the computer.my mouse and keyboard work now but i cant access my usb devices because it doesnt show up to install the drives and i really need to access my usb devices i cant even go on the internet because it wont show up my netgear wireless usb.im typing on my potable device anyway any way to make windows see usb device so it can install the drives.

smiah789, Jan 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. smiah789

WAW8

After you install Vista for the first time (or reinstall it), it will take a day or so for Windows Update to notice that your drivers are out of date and offer you updated drivers. So, you're devices might not work until you do those driver updates.

If you reinstalled Vista from an original (pre-SP1) DVD, you're going to have to do a LOT of updates to get to a working version. The original version had lots of problems with USB devices, including printers and external drives. These were fixed through numerous Windows Updates and in SP1.

If you reinstalled Vista from an SP1 DVD, you might only have to do a few updates.

If you don't want to wait, you can go into device manager and have Vista search for updated drivers for each device -- but you have to do that one device at a time.

WAW8, Jan 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. smiah789

smiah789

now evreytime i shutdown the pc i get a bsod saying bug code usb driver

smiah789, Jan 13, 2009
  4. smiah789

WAW8

OK ... and you'll keep getting that error until you update the drivers (I already told you how to do that) and/or you read our pinned post in the General Technical forum about troubleshooting BSOD errors.

WAW8, Jan 13, 2009
    1. Advertisements