Disable shared video RAM? / NVIDIA Laptop Vista Drivers?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Evan21157, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Evan21157

Evan21157

1.) I have a standard PCI-E card, and for some reason, Vista decided it was going to steal ~256MB of my system RAM and add it to the 512MB of video RAM. If anyone can help me disable this feature that would be great, this is definitely a Vista feature, XP didn't do it, and it does not show up in the BIOS. Also I understand that shared video RAM is much slower than on board video RAM, but if anyone has any advice as to weather the system would benefit from having some additional shared RAM or not, that would also be appreciated.

2.) My video card got screwed over when I got Vista, NVIDIA still does not offer any drivers for Vista for the laptop Go cards. NVIDIA did send me to laptopvideo2go.com and I got some modded drivers, but occasional video bugs, such as screen flashes occur. If anyone has any better sites or places to get more flexible drivers that would be great. I have an NVIDIA 7900GTX for reference.

Evan21157, Apr 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Evan21157

razor-x11

Hey there,

Just a though maybe you can disable the ram bin shared from the bios, normaly "F2" or "Del" on boot.

Hope this help's.

-Raz

razor-x11, Apr 11, 2007
    1. Advertisements