Windows Vista Forums

Stay connected to internet while in Sleep Mode?

13th December 2007, 02:00 PM
I have broadband high speed internet at home. Its not wireless just plain wired high speed. I would like to keep my computer connected to the internet while its in sleep mode so that it can automatically update. When I put it in sleep mode now, and "wake" it up, I can no longer access the internet. Its seems to forget my network connection. When I go to the Networks menu and look at the map in sharing tab, it says connected to unknown network and there is a red "X" from my computer to the internet. In order to use the internet again, I have to shut down or restart my. When it starts back up, it seems to find my connection just fine. Can anyone give me some things I can try to fix this? Thanks

13th December 2007, 02:05 PM
I thought there was an update for this bug, make sure you are fully updated via Windows Update and check microsoft knowledge base for this problem. I know it was a big problem during launch. Now as far as keeping windows connected during sleep, I don't think that is possible. As far as the disconnect problem goes, SP1 should be coming out very soon which will fix this problem if all else fails.