Windows Vista Forums

PCI video card wont work

28th November 2008, 08:47 PM
I just updated my computer to vista. Unlike XP vista wont let me install the drivers for my monitor or let me choose what slot I want to run the monitor from. Its defaulted on the onboard video and wont let me use the PCI video. I disabled the onboard and installed all the drivers for the GeForce 6200 card I bought. It still wont allow me to use the PCI slot as the main video. XP allowed me to choose. I can't find any solution to this problem. I didn't find a way to make the PCI slot the main video slot in my bios. And it says "code 43 windows has stopped this device because it reported problems" on the device manager. Please help. Thanks Stephen

Super Moderator

29th November 2008, 10:12 AM
Please post the specs on your system. What with PCI graphics, it may simply be too old to proper run new Vista WDDM drivers.