Windows Vista Forums

No Audio Input Device Installed and No Sound when Installed

13th July 2007, 08:43 PM
Hello,

I need some help with my notebook whenever I upgrade to Vista Ultimate I lose my sound driver then when I install either the old XP ones or the Vista ones from the Toshiba Website, the red X icon disappears but No Sound comes out of my speakers. I also tried rollbacking and using the drivers that microsoft has installed and no change still No sound.

Is there anything anyone can think of to help?

Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600

SigmaTel HD Audio Codec

13th July 2007, 10:45 PM
I believe if i have done my homework right this should fix you up as ithinkyou have an Intel 945 chipset. Those are the drivers you need to update they are included in the integrated graphics drivers so you need to download the entire package. <U>The second link is for the read me document please do so before installing said drivers!</U>Let usknow if this works for you as you are not the only perosnwho has had issues with SigmaTel audio codec.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Filt...p;submit=Go%21

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/1355...e_winvista.txt

14th July 2007, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the info, but alas updating the chips inf did not help. Whenever I try updating the driver to the vista driver from Toshiba's website it says no audio device input installed. I also tried using the older drivers from XP and XPSp2 but no sound either all it shows that it is working but no sound comes out of it.

Any other ideas?

Toshiba Qosmio G35-AV600

Intel Mobile 945PM Express Chipset

SigmaTel High Definitiion Audio Codec