Windows Vista Forums

Marvell Libertas 802.11b/g Wireless card

1st November 2006, 02:08 PM
Ok i have this card and it comes up as Code10 cannot start...driver is recoginized and installed but it wont start. Late last night i was reallysleepy trying to get it to work and some how i got it to work becaus i connected to my network but I restarted my computer and there it is no go again tried redoing everything I did, but still could not get it to work. I also have a USB Wireless adapter (Netopia model no.: SWL-2300U) and this deveice is unrecognized by Vista and i dont have teh bellsouth install disk to try and reinstall the xp driver.

Edit: Im on RC2 5744

12th December 2006, 12:31 PM
I have this same chipsetembeddedwithin my Asus P5AD2-E Premium board. I recently installed Vista x64 and have every driver out there and get the exact same message that you are getting. "The device cannot start." I've heard through other forums that Microsoft distributed a legacy driver for this chipset within the earlier releases of Vista, while it was in Beta. This driver is supposedly included in the Supplemental Driver Pack on the DVD. I guess you can run the driver program from the disc from within /Drivers/x64 folder and the name of the program is something like dpUpdate.exe (probably not the right filename but something close to this).

Anyways, if anyone can provide either the driver from that pack for us or point us in the right direction to get this chipset working, we can proceed testing out this new OS. I also would like to mention that I tried using the original Windows XP driver as well as the x64 driver from Asus' website. These do not work whatsoever, even when installed in Windows XP compatibility mode. I have been having a very hard time getting a hold of that Supplemental Driver Pack, since I only possess the final edition which does not include this pack (MS decided after a certain amount of time to strip the pack off the finals thus forcing the hardware manufacturers to take over in driver development). Thanks everyone!

EDIT: Okay, here's the deal. I got it to work but this is just a temporary workaround until a better driver comes out. You need to use the F6 bootup option and then press F8 to turn off the mandatory Driver Signing that Vista x64 performs on every driver. Once I booted up using this option I was able to install the 64-bit driver easily. I then used the Vista wireless interface to interact with the card and I was online within seconds. It has been working flawlessly ever since. So for all you P5AD2-E Premium owners out there without drivers, use this for a temporary fix when using Vista Final.

19th March 2007, 12:18 PM
does that work in vista ultimate 32bit?