Windows Vista Forums

8th June 2007, 08:39 AM
Hi all first post here,I just installed Vista home,when I installed my Call of Duty I cant adjust the brightness in the game I have a nvidia 7950gt vid card with the latest Vista driver installed I believe its version 158 any help would be great. Thanks

My specs are:

Asus p5nsli mainboard

e6600 duo core,

2 gig ram

Nvidia 7950gt 512 vid card.

11th June 2007, 12:31 AM
Rather than using the Nvidia posted driver have you tried using the last posted driver from the card maker's site? this can make a big difference, often the latest Nvidia driver covers optimisations that your card cannot use, but the makers drivers are 'tweaked' to be the best for the card.

11th June 2007, 08:44 AM
Doesn't the game itself have a brightness setting? You would think it would, as changing the setting on the card would effect everything. I suppose you could always just crank the brightness on your monitor while playing??

12th June 2007, 08:38 AM
Indeed it does under 'options' 'system settings' 'graphics' there's a slider with a round dot in it to move right or left for brighter or darker.