Windows Vista Forums

Asus P4S800D SIS 655FX drivers vista

18th December 2007, 05:28 PM
Hii I looking for Asus P4S800D SIS 655FX drivers vista maybe someone here know a place to downlod it??

Thank you very much for you help.

Super Moderator

19th December 2007, 10:18 AM
There is no simple answer to your question. This is a four year old board that ASUS stopped writing drivers for in 2004. It uses a SiS655FX chipset, so you could "experiment" with drivers from the SiS site (www.sis.com) -- but unless you REALLY know what you're doing, I would strongly recommend against it. Even the SiS site recommends against simply using their drivers -- because the motherboard vendors often customize their chipset and thus provide custom-developed drivers.

You could also google for some of the "driver" sites -- but I would strongly suspect any drivers they claim will work with a four year old chipset.

Basically you're out of luck.

19th December 2007, 12:55 PM
Thank you for you great reply... I will upgade my computer... or just bulid a new one.''

Thank you

20th December 2007, 12:14 PM
I just installed Vista and all the drivers are in windows updates... so that MB works fine..

Thank you

Super Moderator

21st December 2007, 09:09 AM
It's great that Windows Update was able to find the drivers for you, but as a word of advice, turn off automatic updates. If your machine is working now, don't install future driver updates through Windows Updates. It has a nasty reputation of disabling working machines. Did that to mine and I had to use a third-party recovery app to get files back from my trashed hard drive!

21st January 2008, 06:34 AM
hi every body

i have agreat problem

i a looking for that driver for vista since 3 days but i did not found it

the is sound max integrated digital audio

I am looking for the driver for vista

SoundMax Integrated Digital Audio (TCSUS_CH5) F5410AMR

please help me

my e-mail address

http://www.vistaforums.com/(E-Mail Removed), (E-Mail Removed)

my motherboard i asus pantium 5

please help my

Super Moderator

21st January 2008, 07:51 AM
OK -- this is three posts now about the same problem. We Moderators read ALL the threads. Posting the same message over and over is NOT going to get better support. What it will do is get you banned.

Quit multi-posting.

You posted to this thread, but yet you say you're running a P5 board. Did you not see the thread title indicating this is about a P4 board?

Start another topic in this Drivers area, and provide us the specific Model number of the ASUS motherboard. They make a LOT of P5 boards. The model number will help in identifying the onboard audio chip and tracking down the driver.